Job Tittle: General Accountant
Job Number: 07915
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Employment: 12-Month Contract
- Coordinate Close activities to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and tax compliance.
- Reconcile company’s banks accounts weekly, and prepare month-end reconciliations, including identifying, researching, and reconciling any discrepancies timely.
- Prepare fixed assets and software capitalization entries and maintain support schedules.
- Assist other accounting team members to accomplish department goals and objectives.
- Participate in the development of and support the department’s policies and process.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Support company’s audit activity.
- Provide guidance in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Respond to Corporate Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work.
- Participate in a wide variety of special ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA a plus or working towards it
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Word: SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include in the Subject line 07915 (General Accountant).